To have the best E. D. Caylor experience and extend the life of your candle, please be sure to follow these instructions:
- Trim the wick to 1/4 inch before lighting. I use nail clippers to do this.
- Allow the candle to burn until the melted pool of wax reaches all edges of the glass. Doing so will allow the candle to have a smooth, even melt.
- Prior to lighting the candle for the first time, ensure that you have four hours to allow the candle to melt to all edges.
- Keep lit candles away from drafts.
For your safety:
- Never leave lit candles unattended.
- Burn candles away from flammable surfaces and objects.
- Never extinguish the candle by dipping the wick into wax
- Stop burning the candle when the wax is 1/2 inch from the bottom.
E. D. Caylor candles may yellow and bubble over time. Don't worry; it's natural. They bubble due to temperature changes, and some discolor due to the fragrance oils. If you want to minimize yellowing of the candles, keep them away from sunlight. That said, neither of these will impact the life of your candle and the aromas they emit.
Thank you for supporting E. D. Caylor. We hope to see you again soon!